Designing APIs for the Web
Learn a better way to do distributed computing, using the ideas underlying the most successful distributed system in history: the World Wide Web. In this video course, Mike Amundsen demonstrates three ways to design APIs for the Web, including tunneling-style with SOAP, URI-style with HTTP, and hypermedia style with REST.
After exploring the basics of HTTP and other standards, you’ll learn important design considerations, tooling, and implementation models for each API style, whether you’re building a public API, a purely internal API, or an API accessible by trusted partners.
- Identify your target audience: are you looking to strengthen existing services, deepen relationships, or explore new spaces?
- Learn the design discovery phase, such as collecting information from stakeholders
- Consider the pros and cons of SOAP, HTTP, and REST styles through examples
- Learn the details of documenting, publishing, and registering your API
- Go through the steps required for client and server implementation
- Walk through techniques for web API deployment, versioning, and sunsetting
Designing APIs for the Web Download, Designing APIs for the Web Groupbuy, Designing APIs for the Web Free, Designing APIs for the Web Torrent, Designing APIs for the Web Download, Designing APIs for the Web Review